The Butterfly Europa 25 Table Tennis table is an International Table Tennis Federation-approved table from the renowned Japanese table tennis manufacturer known as Butterfly. It is the official table tennis table of the 2005 U.S. Open and the 2014 – 2016 Butterfly North American Tour. The Butterfly Europa 25 table tennis table is known amongst professional players for its top-notch quality.
This table features a 1 inch thick blue/green wooden scratch-proof tabletop, protective PVC band, 2 by 3/4 inch steel railing, 2-inch square steel legs for stability, 2 extra mountable 5-inch rubber wheels for added mobility.
The table weighs 270 pounds and when bought through the Butterfly website, you are given a 5 year guaranteed warranty. The table comes in two independent foldable pieces, with each half being built with 4 steel legs.
The tabletop is 25 millimeters thick which makes it competition-ready, and offers consistent ball bounce and spin. The Butterfly Europa 25 table tennis top offers an authentic competitive play experience. The table does not come with playback ability, so single-player practice is not possible.
The setup is quite easy. It does not require much assembly as the table comes preassembled. Simply remove the table from the box, unfold at the center, attach the net, and install both 5-inch rubber wheels.
When unfolded and ready to play, the table stands at regulation 9 feet long by 5 feet wide, and 30 inches high. The Butterfly Europa 25 table tennis table is also advertised as Butterfly’s most compact model yet. When folded, the table takes up 6 inches of space, making it optimal for storage.
To store the table, just fold each half into each other, fold in the legs, and if desired, attach the 2 mountable wheels for easy transportation when rolling the table into position. In the folded position, the table is 60 inches wide by 50 inches high and 6 inches deep. Both setup and storage can be done in a matter of minutes.
NET AND POST
The table comes with a National League Table Tennis approved Butterfly Europa net set. The net posts are fastened by screw clamps that are felt-tipped to prevent any scratching to the tabletop. The net also comes with an adjustable chain to modify the tightness of the net.
The design is very simple and doesn’t have any complicated folding mechanisms – you just need to unfold it and you’re ready to play. The sturdiness of the legs offers great support when locking the table into place. Once you have the table raised, its strong base will prevent it from moving during play.
- ITTF Approved
- Play dimensions: 9′(Length) x 5′(Width) x 2.5′(Height)
- Storage dimensions: 60″(Length) x 6″(Width) x 55″(Height)
- Color Available: Blue or Green
- Two 8” wheels on each half for easy movement.
- 2″ square steel legs
- 2″ x 3/4″ steel rail/rim
- Professional quality for serious ping pong players.
- ITTF approved. This means that the table is qualified for official tournament play.
- Very easy to fold and unfold.
- Compactness. It is easy to move around for storage.
- No playback ability.
- 270-pound weight requires multiple people to set up.
- It is an indoor table. You cannot place the table outside since it is not waterproof.
- The first time setting up the table can be a pain in the ass. It requires at least two persons to carry out the job. You will need to be familiar with the manual instructions first before setting up the table.
- There is no built-in ball storage or racket holders for this table.
With its simple design, top-grade build, and professional league specifications, the Butterfly Europa 25 is an ideal table for ping pong clubs and those that want to play on a table just like the pros do.