JOOLA is a world producer of top quality table tennis equipment, including the manufacturing of table tennis tables. The company keeps improving the design and quality of their table tennis equipment, primarily their tables. It is a preferred brand for many players looking for ping pong equipment.
Each of the JOOLA tables undergoes a detailed assembly process to ensure that the tables produced are always of excellent quality. It is not an exception for the JOOLA Tour 2500 Table Tennis Table.
- Tour 2500 is 25mm
- Tour 1800 is 18mm
- Tour 1500 is 15mm
The thicker the tabletop, the better the bounce quality of the ball. Therefore, the price will also be higher.
Features of JOOLA Tour 2500
- 1″ thickness of MDF painted table surface.
- Great quality and standard tournament table include net and post.
- Nearly pre-assembled with 2 independent, stand-alone halves on trundle system.
- Durable powder-coated 50mm metal frame and 50 x 50mm undercarriage.
- Playing dimensions: 108″ x 60″ x 30″.
- Optimal storage dimensions of 24 .5″ x 62.25″ x 64″.
- Assembled weight: 245 lbs.
- Four 2″ locking casters.
- USATT approved.
- Automatic folding legs.
- Adjustable height levelers.
- Double anti-tilting device for increased safety.
Construction of the Table
This table is made for recreational or intermediate players.
The table comes 95% pre-assembled, so there is very little work to set up the table. All you need to do is attach the 8 bolts that come together with the table to the legs, and you are good to go. You can completely assemble the table in just a couple of minutes, and you can start playing ping pong right away.
The top of the table features a thickness of 1″ or 25mm medium-density fiberboard (MDF) approved by ITTF. It undergoes an intensive polyurethane paint process. The multi-layer blue painted surface offers players with quality and consistent bounce of the ball.
The intensive and multilayered paint process makes it very sturdy to protect against warping and cracking. Therefore it is long lasting.
Another feature of the table is, the metal frame is powder-coated, offering robust and sturdy support for the tabletop.
Net and Post
There is a set of net and post that come together with the table. The net is pre-assembled with brackets that screw on to the table. You can attach the net quickly to the table with the use of the clamping frame.
As JOOLA is always emphasizing the safety of the table, this Tour 2500 is with no exception. It is incorporated with an anti-tilting device and automatic folding legs.
The 1.5″ apron and 1.5″ diameter sturdy steel legs used to construct this table make it strong and durable. It provides excellent support to the table with its thick steel legs.
The bottom of the legs has adjustable rubbers to adjust the table’s height to ensure a level playing surface.
There are four pcs of 3-inch locking caster wheels attached to the table legs. They provide added safety and stability during gameplay, solo playback, transport & storage modes.
You can fold and unfold the table quickly and move the table to wherever you want. The table has a lock the caster to lock it in position.
After playing, you can fold the table, unlock the caster and move it for storage effortlessly. One person can carry out all these tasks.
- The table is made of tournament-grade quality.
- Most people have given good reviews of the table. They like the quality, and most are very pleased with the purchase of the table.
- Easy to fold, unfold and move around.
- The table is weighty. Some people might find the JOOLA Tour table tennis table two halves can be very heavy and will need people with enough strength to move it to the location that they want to place the table.
- The net and posts look low quality. It won’t last for long if you play ping pong frequently.
If you want to buy a table and place it in your basement, you can choose the lighter JOOLA Tour 1800, which is easier to move.
After all, the JOOLA Tour 2500 is still an incredible table, ideal for mid-level players who wish to improve their playing skills. If you are also thinking of improving your game, then you can consider buying it.
The selling price for this table is around $700. The price is considered reasonable compared to other similar tables, which can easily cost you more than $1,000.